Sir Nicholas Hawberk, d.-1407
St. Mary Magdaline Church, Cobham, Kent England
Dr. Harriet Mears’ contribution to Drury and Drury students is too vast to count. An artist, art historian, and mentor to students; Harriet’s commitment to Drury goes back to the 1970s.
Born in 1921, Mears earned her BA from the College of William and Mary. She followed her husband to Drury for a teaching post, and quickly became indispensable to the art department and any other department that needed her help. Primarily a weaver and art historian, Harriet built a thriving weaving program at Drury, and taught countless art history courses as well. In one of her many travels abroad she made this brass rubbing. Years later she donated it to Drury where it hangs in Stone Chapel.